Nothing is more important to us than your kid’s safety. We’re doing everything we can to stop the spread of COVID-19. We made the tough decision to forgo our summer program for this reason. It was a huge hit to us financially, but it’s what we thought would be best for our community. As we prepare to reopen, I wanted to share some of the measures we’re taking to keep your kids safe.
At Home Options
During the summer of 2020, we’re offering At-Home Camps and Kits.
Each week through August 7, there are sessions of all four of our At-Home Camps, which include:
- Dollhouse Camp with Ms Amber $70
- Stop Motion Animation with expert Mr. Jerry (led by Ms Amber) $55
- Polymer Clay Sculpting with expert Ms. Wi (led by Ms Amber) $70
- DIY Board Game with Ms. Amber $70
Each camp comes with a supply kit and is taught through a combination of prerecorded videos and thrice weekly Zoom calls with Ms. Amber.
Every Thursday between 11am and 1pm, you can pick up pre-ordered sensory, craft and creative play kits at Figment. We’re doing our best to offer a diverse array of projects to keep imaginations active and creativity alive.
Safety at the Studio
While we will strive to keep things as “normal” as possible for the kids, we’ll also be implementing new safety measures.
- We’ll be taking full advantage of our open air classroom. The kids will play, learn and create outside as much as possible. This means more time in our butterfly garden, mud kitchen and with @figmentfurryfriends.
- Our staff will wear masks while interacting with people and while we strongly urge families to wear masks, we can’t force the children to keep them on.
- We’ve got cute paper masks for the kids to decorate to make wearing them a bit more fun.
- We’re stocked up on cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, gloves and extra masks.
- Surfaces and supplies will be cleaned A LOT. We’ll be using traditional disinfectant products and have also purchased a couple of disinfectant UV lights to better clean room and supplies.
- Regular students will keep individual supplies in plastic bins to avoid sharing supplies.
- Staff and student temperatures will be checked upon arrival. If anyone is feeling ill please stay home.
- Everyone must fill out our Visitor Screening Form https://pact.ly/21sEF3
- Class sizes will be limited, so be the first ones to sign up!
- Clean, clean, clean!
- Hand Sanitizer Available
- Kiddos will go shoeless while inside classroom.
Ways we can stop the spread of illness:
- Don’t come to school or work if you’re sick. We know — it’s allergy season. But if your snot is green or you have a fever, it’s probably not the cedar.
- Wash your hands. A lot. And for at least 20 seconds. We’ve always wash hands after potty breaks and before eating at Figment, but we’re stepping it up. When you arrive with your child, please have them wash their hands in the classroom.
- Regularly disinfect surfaces and door knobs.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow instead of in your hands.
What to do if a quarantine is put in place:
If there’s more COVID-19 outbreaks in Austin, local public health officials may recommend school closures to help slow the spread of the virus. We follow AISD’s closure schedule. If they close, we will follow suit.
Austin ISD keeps the public up-to-date on twitter.com/AustinISD
Austin Public Health is another great resource for important updates
Figment Creative Labs
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns that we should address.
Amber’s Cell 512-775-8687