Nothing is more important to us than your kid’s safety. We’re doing everything we can to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Safety at the Studio
While we will strive to keep things as “normal” as possible for the kids, we’ll also be implementing new safety measures.
- We’ll be taking full advantage of our open air classroom. The kids will play, learn and create outside when possible. This means more time in our butterfly garden, mud kitchen and with @figmentfurryfriends.
- Each class will have a limited capacity of 10 students and we are not commingling classes
- Kiddos will go shoeless while inside the classroom. Shoes will be left on a bench outside class.
- All staff and children are required to wear masks at this time. Masks will be optional outdoors.
- We will remain stocked up on cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, gloves and extra masks.
- Surfaces and supplies will be sanitized as necessary. We’ll be using traditional disinfectant products and have also purchased a couple of disinfectant UV lights to better clean classrooms and supplies.
- Front desk employee has a desk shield.
- Staff and student temperatures will be checked upon arrival. If anyone is feeling ill please stay home.
- Everyone (including employees) must fill out our COVID Screening Form https://pact.ly/21sEF3
- After School Van Transportation Plan: The van will be cleaned after each trip and at the end of the day. Hand sanitizer available to each child. All employees and students 6 years old and above must wear a mask in the van.
- Employees will go through the health check process every day.
- Please do not bring food that teachers need to handle to heat up.
- Class sizes will be limited, so be the first ones to sign up!
- Hand Sanitizer Available
- Door stoppers installed on doors to reduce touching.
- For SUMMER CAMP we are requiring students get tested for Covid-19, 48-72 hours before the start of the camp they plan to attend. We have used https://curative.com , but this is only a suggestion. Find the free testing facility of your choice.
COVID-19 Exposure Protocol
- In the event a student or family member of a student is exposed to COVID, the family should notify management at Figment Creative Labs. The student must stay home and get tested. We ask that they get tested no earlier than 3 days after the exposure. This is to help provide the most accurate result. Testing earlier than 3 days could be too soon to detect the virus. Class will be suspended until the results of the test are received, meaning teachers and peers must stay home until a result is confirmed from the exposed student.
- The class will be notified of any COVID-19 exposures and promptly updated on next steps.
- In the case that a student tests positive for COVID-19, the family should notify management at Figment Creative Labs. This student should stay home for 10 days per CDC guidelines. Teachers and peers exposed to infected student should get tested to contain any potential spread. Class will be suspended for a few days to allow time for teachers and peers to test and confirm negative results.
- If a student is living in close quarters with a relative that tested positive for COVID-19, the family should notify management at Figment Creative Labs. Please contact us for recommended next steps. We are a small community and we are here to support you and your family as much as we can. We recommend the exposed student stays home and tests 3-5 days after exposure to ensure negative test results before returning to class.
- We encourage families to notify management at Figment if anyone in the household is traveling, staying in a hotel, or attending a large gathering (more than 10 people). The school will then decide which protocol the student has to follow before he/she can return to class whether it be Time-Based or Testing-Based. https://pact.ly/21sEF3
Ways we can stop the spread of illness:
- Don’t come to school or work if you’re sick. We know — it’s allergy season. But if your snot is green or you have a fever, it’s probably not the cedar.
- Wash your hands. A lot. And for at least 20 seconds. We’ve always wash hands after potty breaks and before eating at Figment, but we’re stepping it up. When you arrive with your child, please have them wash their hands in the classroom.
- Regularly disinfect surfaces and door knobs.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow instead of in your hands.
Figment Creative Labs
Front Desk 512-551-3244
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns that we should address.
Amber’s Cell 512-775-8687