Nothing is more important to us than your kid’s safety. We’re doing everything we can to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Safety at the Studio
While we will strive to keep things as “normal” as possible for the kids, we’ll also be implementing new safety measures.
- We’ll be taking full advantage of our open air classroom. The kids will play, learn and create outside as much as possible. This means more time in our butterfly garden, mud kitchen and with @figmentfurryfriends. We are creating small groups, and are not commingling them.
- All staff and children are required to wear masks at this time. We will see what the risks are as summer gets closer and reevaluate mask requirements for children at that time.
- We’re stocked up on cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, gloves and extra masks.
- Surfaces and supplies will be cleaned A LOT. We’ll be using traditional disinfectant products and have also purchased a couple of disinfectant UV lights to better clean room and supplies.
- Front desk employee has a desk shield.
- Regular students will keep individual supplies in plastic bins to avoid sharing supplies.
- Staff and student temperatures will be checked upon arrival. If anyone is feeling ill please stay home.
- Everyone must fill out our Visitor Screening Form https://pact.ly/21sEF3
- Class sizes will be limited, so be the first ones to sign up!
- Clean, clean, clean!
- Hand Sanitizer Available
- We have purchased paper towel dispensers to go by each sink. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086M3Z6XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Door stoppers installed on doors to reduce touching. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XNSCYJV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Kiddos will go shoeless while inside classroom. Shoes will be left on a bench outside Pre-K class.
- We purchased two of these foot mats for the studio: https://copperfootmat.com/pages/how-it-works
- For SUMMER CAMP we are requiring students get tested for Covid-19 48-72 hours before the start of the camp they plan to attend. We have used https://curative.com , but this is only a suggestion. Find the free testing facility of your choice.
- After School Van Transportation Plan: The van will be cleaned after each trip and at the end of the day. Hand sanitizer available to each child. All employees and students 6 years old and above must wear a mask in van. Employees will go through the health check process every day. (We are not offering our afterschool program at this time.)
- Please only bring lunch bags that can be washed daily (no fabric lunch bags or backpacks) or disposed of. Please do not bring food that teachers need to handle to heat up.
- In the event a student or family member of a student is exposed to COVID, the individual must get tested no earlier than 3-6 days after the exposure. This is to help provide the most accurate result. Testing earlier than 3 days could be too soon to detect the virus. Class will be suspended until the results of the test are received.
- Families must alert the school if anyone in the household is traveling, staying in a hotel, or attending a large gathering (more than 10 people). The school will then decide which protocol the student has to follow before he/she can return to class whether it be Time-Based or Testing-Based.
Ways we can stop the spread of illness:
- Don’t come to school or work if you’re sick. We know — it’s allergy season. But if your snot is green or you have a fever, it’s probably not the cedar.
- Wash your hands. A lot. And for at least 20 seconds. We’ve always wash hands after potty breaks and before eating at Figment, but we’re stepping it up. When you arrive with your child, please have them wash their hands in the classroom.
- Regularly disinfect surfaces and door knobs.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow instead of in your hands.
Figment Creative Labs
Front Desk 512-551-3244
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns that we should address.
Amber’s Cell 512-775-8687