Enhance your homeschool curriculum with Figment
Monday to Friday • 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Ages 5 to 14
Fall 2023 Enrollment NOW OPEN!
Contact us at (512)551-3244 for more information.
There are limited spots available, so you MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE.
Homeschool Group Enrollment Options
- 1 day/week — $250/month
- 2 days/week — $425/month
- 3 days/week — $600/month
- 4 days/week – $700/month
- 5 days/week – $750/month
The Fall 2023 Semester begins Monday, August 14th. You will pay the first month’s tuition to enroll.
Drop-in: $75/Day. Please sign up at least 24 hours in advance.
Drop-ins are now an option! Let us know if you would like to sign up for a single day drop-in (pending spot availability). Please call our front office if you have never attended before to ensure the day you are signing up for works for your child’s age. We do have mixed age groups, but some days tend to lean younger or older. Please sign up at least 24 hours in advance.
Figment’s Homeschool Group is designed to enrich your own curriculum with hands-on learning that’s rooted in S.T.E.A.M. principles. During each session, we spend time creating in the Art Studio or Maker Space and playing outside with friends.
Each day, we explore a different topic, and students work on both guided and self-directed projects. With some notice, we’re happy to tailor activities to requested concepts and curriculum.
Homeschool Group at a glance
- Monday through Friday choices from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- The class is limited to 10 students for Tuesday/Thursdays and 12 students for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- We will take full advantage of Figment’s open air classroom and do some lessons outdoors as well as inside.
- Please call to get more information about what days may be a better fit for your child’s age. We have a good mix of age groups, but some days do lean a bit older/younger so please give us a call at (512)551-3244 for more information.
- Each student should bring a labeled bottle of water, a snack, and a packed lunch. We are a peanut free campus.
This program integrates all the concepts we believe in at Figment: S.T.E.A.M. principles, maker mentality, process art and play-based learning.
Heard of STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math)? We believe that adding Art to the equation increases interest and fosters creativity. This hands-on approach to learning gets kids excited about learning and working together as a team.
We utilize our outdoor classroom where we learn through play, create, nurture @figmentsfurryfriends, garden, and build relationships.
We believe the process of making art is more important than the outcome. Adults are there to guide children by providing the right materials, teaching technique and assisting along the way. When children take charge of their own creative process, they practice critical thinking, make their own decisions and build confidence along the way. As our artists get older and more interested in new mediums and techniques, we work on skill-building.
Our dedicated Maker Space expands on the foundation of STEAM. Students learn through hands-on and often collaborative projects. This project-based approach builds your maker’s confidence and encourages analytic problem-solving.
Part of our child-directed philosophy is play-based learning. Play is the basis of experimental learning. The Discovery Lab offers something to engage everyone. It’s a place where your child can be anything, a fashion designer, an engineer, a scientist. They can also just grab a book or play a game with friends.
Enhance your homeschool curriculum with Figment! We now offer both full day AND 2-hour classes for homeschoolers. Check out our new 2-hour homeschool classes below.
Hola Arte Spanish Immersion Program
Thursdays • 12:30 to 2:30 PM • Starting in September, 2023
Ages 4 to 7
Hola Arte is a creative space for your child to explore, learn, and interact in Español by combining artistic expression and animal interaction with language learning. Teaching children Spanish through process art and Figment’s furry/scaly friends is a fun way for them to practice their language skills while also nurturing their creativity. Join Ms. Hanny Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 pm starting the first week of September and running until the end of the school year in May of 2024.
Hola Arte es un espacio creativo para explorar, aprender e interactuar en español, combinando la expresión artística con el aprendizaje del idioma. Enseñar español a los niños con arte puede ser una forma divertida de practicar sus habilidades lingüísticas y, al mismo tiempo, fomentar su creatividad.
Monthly payment option: $225/month
Digital Art & Maker Lab with Miss Mary Helen
Schedule: Fridays • 1:00 to 3:00PM (August 2023 – May 2024)
Class Description: Explore the world of digital art and 3d design in this hands-on class. Students will learn how to illustrate, design, and fabricate both digital and 3-dimensional work with the help of software such as Procreate and Tinkercad and equipment like 3d printers, laser printers, and machine cutters. Please note that this class will require the use of an ipad and stylus (apple pencil preferred). The programs, Procreate and Tinkercad, must also be installed prior to class. Figment will have a limited number of iPads available for use during class but students are highly encouraged to bring their own. (Please inform us if you can NOT bring an iPad.)
- Cancellation Policy: Scheduled attendees who cancel 14 days or more prior to their first class in the month will receive a full refund. Any cancellations made less than 14 days prior to a scheduled session will be issued a half refund. No refund or credit will be given after the first class session.
- Refunds: Refunds, prorates, and/or credits for monthly tuition are NOT issued under the following circumstances: your child is absent for any reason, an unexpected school closure announced by AISD, holiday/school breaks in correlation with AISD, or in the event of an unexpected school closure due to weather, power outages, an emergency or natural disaster, including temporary closures due to COVID.
- Please find our COVID-19 Safety Plan here.