I love following @erinlightfeather on Instagram. Her work is so colorful and pretty. I thought it would be fun for my students to paint some feathers, inspired by her work. It is always fun to get creative with our canvases. With Thanksgiving approaching, it would be beautiful to paint super large white turkey feathers and make a centerpiece…
What you will need:
- large white feathers
- Gel Food Coloring (I found Wilton worked better than McCormick brand.)
- paint brushes
- water to rinse
- paint pens
What to do:
- drop some gel food coloring on your feather and spread color with paint brush
- repeat using a different color and clean brush
- repeat till you are happy with color range
- rinse sticky color off, you will be left with a stain
- let dry for a bit
- dot with paint pens
The fun thing about this process art project is that there is no right or wrong. It is so simple and pleasing. You can take it further if you like by using your dyed feather in a larger project like Bohemian Wall Hanging.
What cuties! Feathers and artists.